Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Jewelry Chest Makeover in Aqua Turquoise Chalk Paint & Italian Paper

After many months of distraction, I finished another chalk-painted jewelry chest. After conquering some Putz houses, I was wondering when I would finally commit to the time and patience of designing more chests. 


Obviously, I never tire of Aqua, Turquoise, & Gold 



Layered in 2 shades of custom-mixed Aqua, the top layer being similar to Tiffany Blue.
The darker accent color is a rich, slightly muted Turquoise/Teal. 



I highlighted the hardware and trim with metallic gold and bronze paint, given more luster with the addition of gold pigment powder.



The hand-painted graphics I designed, as well as the paint colors, were dictated by the interior paper.


I wanted graphics that complemented the interior, without competing with it, so I designed simple rosettes, in gold & bronze, highlighted and shaded for a 3-dimensional appearance.


The drawers are lined with a stunning and vibrant Italian paper in deep Turquoise/Teal, light and dark French blue, cream, and metallic gold. It is sealed with satin water-based varnish.


And as always, I distressed all the paint, then finished with clear and dark wax.

Up next? I think maybe I can finally finish another fabulous spice chest!

TTFN, Maria

Join me on Instagram!

@MagiaMiaEtsy



LINKING TO:





3 comments:

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...