Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hormonal State of Mind

If Mother Nature were to pick a state for going through her Menopause, Oregon would be it. Cold chills, Hot Flashes, and lots of weeping. Yep, that's us. 


I picked these lovely Grape Hyacinths yesterday, during the 10 minutes the sun shone through the clouds. 


This is my absolute favorite shade of blue..........a vibrant, rich Periwinkle. Aqua and Azure come a close second and third.

Photo Courtesy of Keukenhof Gardens, The Netherlands
I've grown up with these charming little gems, making them my favorite Spring flower. Easy bulb to grow, since they are so talented at multiplying, and you just can't beat their impact. 


It's supposed to be Spring now, but you wouldn't know it by the temperature. The weather report is calling for the snow level to drop to 1000 feet tonight, but do the flowers give a damn? Nope, just one of the pitfalls of a hormonal state.


Join Me on Instagram


5 comments:

  1. I too grew up with those grape hyacinths - they're one of my favorites!

    I can't even type the 's' word but if I wake up to three inches of partly cloudy on the ground, I might lose it.

    Your pics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Well, I'll take your 3 inches of partly cloudy, and you can have my perpetual gray limbo......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And I love the burlap and bling you added to the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I love that garden photo - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too live in Oregon and I totally agree. Love your beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...