Friday, June 1, 2012

Of Course it's Aqua.....What Else would it Be?

I realize I have a one track mind when it comes to color right now. Aqua, Sweet Aqua. So it should come as no surprise that my latest offering is not only chalk paint, but also Aqua. 

Here's the before...........




Now I realize there's nothing really wrong with it as is, 
as a matte gold,
but it just needed a little more personality.
I knew I could go opulent or rustic.
Now see which look won.......


I've done A LOT of faux painting in my day,
but not in the way of faux rust.


It took a lot of paint mixing, 
and I wanted to get the rust colors just right.
So I went outside and looked for some examples,
and I'm very pleased with the outcome.


I sponged on 2 different shades of rust chalk paint I created, plus the aqua.
In producing the rusty look, not only was the color important,
but it being chalk paint was what really gave it the proper
texture you find with rust. I sealed it with several layers
of matte Clearcoat, and she's ready for use. 

Linking To:
shabby creek cottage
Saturday Nite Special link party via Funky Junk Interiors

3 comments:

  1. That really turned out great. You got the rust look and the color and it all looks natural!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks amazing, you did a great job with the rust!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...