Monday, April 4, 2016

Dog-Sitting, Peat Pots, and Berry Baskets

Yes, it's been awhile since I last posted. 
Here's what I've been up to this time. 

Dog-sitting this little imp.

Maisie

Creating Spring/Easter treasures for my Etsy shop.


Last Spring I produced a few of these chicken wire nest baskets.
I love the design, but I thought it would be fun to create them in a different color. 


Moss green makes me happy. 


And rather than stay with German glass glitter for the eggs, 
I opted for Bronze mica flakes from Meyer Imports.
A great bold, yet sophisticated effect.

And more feathers is always a good idea.

I also decided to make twigs by wrapping thin wire, 
bending it into shape, then painting it. 
Real twigs are so fragile and I didn't want
to worry about them breaking.


The final touch was creating a bow using this luscious wired 
French Ribbon in an antique Moss green.

My other creations involved playing with vintage
wooden berry hallocks.
I bought them a while back, but hadn't come up
with a good design yet.
Finally figured it out. All I needed to do was
craft handles by twisting rustic wire.


Just for fun, I thought I'd give them some age,
using the rusty vinegar method.
Some of them turned out darker than I wanted,
so I decided to paint them 
with sheer coats of mossy green. 



Finally, I accented them with thick crepe paper bows and 
Spanish moss, which I hand-dyed for just the right tints.

Up next?
My rustic creations using old-fashioned milk bottle caps!

Join Me on Instagram
@MagiaMiaEtsy


Linking To:



6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love all of these. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! Your creations are always little works of beautiful art. It's all in the details. Thank you for linking them up with Talk of the Town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty - I especially love the ones made with berry baskets!
    Thanks for sharing them at Talk of the Town - I pinned it to the Knick of Time party board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a hard job pet sitting. I would spoil those babies so bad their owners couldn't stand them. They are adorable, all of them. Your crafting is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...