Monday, February 2, 2015

Pretty in Pink Champagne Glitter Putz House

I've been so immersed in creating Putz glitter houses, 
that I haven't had any free time to focus on my
chalk-painted treasures!

And I have a serious stack of jewelry chests waiting to be painted, that have accumulated over the last 6 months.
The sheets of Italian paper to line the drawers are anxiously waiting to be used.

This is my last Putz house creation for the
Valentine's Day season.
I have designed, hand-cut,
and assembled this entire piece from scratch.
  

A little pink house, dressed to the nines,
in pink & silver finery! 


Silver-leaf is applied to the roof, chimney, awning,
flower boxes, and base. 
I tinted all the silver leaf with Ginger alcohol ink
to warm up the silver.


Silver Dresden trim edges the roof line and the chimney top.


Pink Champagne German glass glitter coats the walls. The color is a lovely soft, warm silvery pink. The walls have been sealed with varnish for enhanced adhesion,
which will also minimize tarnishing. 


To continue that warmth onto the roof,
I sprinkled mica flakes tinted
in the same pink tone of the glitter.
The silver leaf base and black “windows” are enhanced with fine crystally clear glitter for magical sparkle. Their panes are painted in metallic Champagne.


Hand-tinted millinery Forget-me-nots are edged
with ultrafine silver German glass glitter.

So now I need to get going on some chalk-painting,
since I've cleaned up all the glitter....;)

Now that I'm on Instagram,
I post pictures of my vintage finds and creations there,
before they make it to Etsy & Ebay,
so if any treasure interests you,
join me on Instagram and leave a comment!
Instagram: MagiaMiaEtsy

Linking To:





1 comment:

  1. I think your Putz houses need to be in a gallery! Gorgeous as always. Thanks for sharing at VIParty.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...