Sunday, October 20, 2013

Beautifying A Rescued Treasure, Thanks To Etsy

 

 I recently acquired this gorgeous pair of vanity accessories. Made by Globe, this brush and comb are both 24k gold-plated, and the details are stunning.


Although I was disappointed to see that the metal appliqué was missing from the brush, I decided to make it my mission to find a suitable replacement.


Not to mention that whatever piece I found, it would need to cover as much of the scar as possible, left behind from the previous one.


I do believe I succeeded. I found this brass medallion on Etsy. I knew it wasn’t as brilliant a gold as the 24k, but I was still able to alter it a bit by adding gold pigment powder to bright gold metallic paint, and sealed it with gloss clearcoat. If I had some gold leaf sheets on hand, I would’ve applied that instead.



Finally, I attached it carefully with E-6000 industrial strength adhesive.


Now this brush and comb are ready for a new life in all their beautiful shimmering glory!Thank the gods for Etsy, for having every craft item under the Sun!

Join Me on Instagram
@MagiaMiaEtsy



No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...