Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lucky Unicorn

UPDATE: She sold on Ebay for $51. Yay me! Open those nondescript boxes Peeps. You never know what's hiding inside! 


I didn't hit any estate sales this weekend, but I was fortunate enough to acquire a nice little collectible from the thrift store. It truly pays to be inquisitive, since this item was inside its nondescript original box. 


Made by Corday, a company no longer in business, it is a solid perfume encased inside a wax seal stamp. Labeled as Fame, Signet de Corday, it also has the wax included.

The stamp design is a Unicorn, fenced in near a tree, and was never used, as evidenced by its original sticker still covering the stamp.

The very elegant handle has an amber gemstone on both sides. Isn't she beautiful?


Apparently, this particular Corday item is somewhat hard to find, making it quite sought after. I was unaware of its demand when I purchased it. I just thought it was cool-looking, so I bought it. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I got it home and researched it. I currently have it listed on Ebay, and it has amassed several watchers in just one day. Let the games begin!

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen anything like this! BTW - love that embroidered nasturtium piece in your etsy shop :-)

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...